The MetaCommunications installation wizard will walk you through upgrading your server components. Launch the installation wizard, select the Upgrade option, and follow the upgrade prompts.
Before you begin your upgrade, please ensure that you have the following and/or that you meet the following requirements:
- Your version of MS SQL Server is supported by the version of MetaCommunications software you intend to upgrade to
- Your version of Microsoft Windows is supported by the version of MetaCommunications software you intend to upgrade to
- Other requirements may be identified by the MetaCommunications installation wizard
Please contact Support if your would like to upgrade but your version of MS SQL Server or MS Windows is not supported by the latest version of MetaCommunications software.
It is essential to make a complete database backup prior to and immediately after performing an upgrade. Failure to do so may result in loss of data in the event of a problem.
1. Select the Workgroups Davinci Upgrade folder and launch the .exe to begin the Upgrade.
2. Hit the upgrade button to start the Upgrade.
3. An upgrade to your databases may be needed. select "Upgrade" on the databases that need the latest update.