The annotation and viewing tools in the HTML5 online proofing tools are very intuitive and make marking up and navigating proofs simple.
The annotation tools include:
- Comment – this will give the reviewer a comment box, this is typically used for general comments about the proof.
- Box – this tool will allow you to highlight an area with a box, once the area is selected a comment box will appear for you to make comments about the highlighted area.
- Arrow – this tool gives you an arrow to point at something on the proof, once the arrow is placed a comment box will appear for you to make comments item the arrow is pointed at.
- Pen – this is a freehand pen tool, you can use this tool to circle an item or and area. Once the area is marked a comment box will appear.
The solution also allows you to download the native file as well as export a PDF with the annotations that have been made for offline viewing.
Reviewers have the following viewing options:
- Moving from page to page in a multi-page proof
- Rotating pages
- Scale to fit window
- Four different ways to zoom in and out with a range from 1% to 6000%