Approval Manager is a proof approval workflow management tool, not a technical proofing tool. By configuring the Proofer File Type Associations, the administrator can identify the types of files that are commonly proofed and tell Approval Manager which proofing software to use when those file types are incorporated in an Approval Manager workflow. Approval Manager has it's own built in Spark! proofer utility and also integrates with Adobe Acrobat products, Dalim Dialogue, and Balsamiq Mockups allowing proofs to be opened within the corresponding technical proofing tool from within Approval Manager. Depending on the technical proofing tool used, comments, text edits, annotations, notes, and approval statuses can automatically be synced with Approval Manager.
To configure Proofer File Type Associations:
- Select Proofer File Type Associations in the Administration tab.
- Click Add to add a new file type association.
- Type the file type extension in the Extension column of the new row.
- Type a description in the Description column of the new row.
- Select a proofer from the Proofer Application menu.
- Repeat as necessary.
- Click Save.